Corporate Social Responsibility
Lewis Civil Engineering provides probably the best value total asset solutions in the UK through its infrastructure services such as; Utilities Services, Auger Boring, Capital Projects and Programme Management Services.
In delivering these strategic objectives we firmly believe in creating and sustaining positive responsibility to the environment and the communities within which we work.
We are committed to minimising our Carbon Footprint impact on the environment and society and the continual improvement in environmental performance.
All Environmental and CSR matters are managed through the company's management systems, which is maintained and independently certified, including international standard BS EN ISO 14001.
As part of our IS014001 system we have examined our activities and have developed an Aspects Register, which recognises that both our construction operations and head office activities have the potential to impact the environment.
This Register recognises that some activities are detrimental to the environment, e.g. generation of waste, use of energy, use of raw materials, use of vehicles etc, and some that are positive, e.g. our construction knowledge has increasingly been utilised to good effect and we, wherever possible, adopt techniques which mitigate our environmental impact.
Our primary principles with regard to Environment & Corporate Social Responsibility are to:
· Improve and maintain standards in environmental management within all our projects in conjunction with those organisations that work with us as well as promoting sustainable solutions that meets the needs of our customers and the wider community;
· Positively contribute to the local community and all who have an interest in our performance, including actively working with our suppliers and sub contractors to ensure these principles are adopted in their processes and practices.
· Act professionally, responsibly and respect all employees and provide them with a safe, healthy and rewarding working environment.
· Examine the trends that arise from our on-going monitoring programme, review changes in legislation in order to set meaningful objectives that contribute to the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
· Ensure that environmental and CSR considerations form part of our responsibilities.
· Ensure Lewis Civil Engineering always prevents pollution and follow best practice in resource management and take steps to reduce waste, energy consumption and associated emissions.
· Recognize the impacts of our activities on the environment and identify the relevant legislation, which is detailed in a Register of Environmental Regulations (Legal Register).
· Set targets that are consistent with this policy and to monitor achievements against defined objectives.
· Comply with all statutory, client and any other applicable requirements with respect to our operations.
· Review our CMS to take account of developing legislation, regulations, guidance, best practice and any other criteria we formally adopt.
· Provide environmental education and training to promote awareness and commitment and make this policy publicly available.
· Maintain Corporate Responsibility and a dedicated CSR forum to coordinate the strategy and monitor progress and ensure delivery across all parts of the business.